Problema para conectar con Ubooquity

Probando la 1.10.5.
Al intentar importar desde Ubooquity, el menú de la app me pide host y port. Pero al rellenarlos, el botón de “Save Settings” no responde. Si voy hacia atrás y vuelvo a entrar, se queda con la ruedecita pensando hasta que cierro la aplicación.
He probado desde la red local y desde fuera. Desde Safari accedo sin problema. ¿Es cosa mía o le pasa a alguien más?
Un detalle: en los temas oscuros los labels “Host” y “Port” de color negro apenas se ven.
Me ocurre tanto en iPhone X como en un iPad Air 1 actualizados a la última versión de iOS.
Gracias.
Edito: funciona al habilitar OPDS feed en Ubooquity. :+1:

1 Like

Exactly the same problem here, nothing appears in the Ubooquity log. Then I realized that Chunky couldn’t connect either so I deleted the connection to recreate it there. In my setup the host name and port is not enough, the path is also needed (i.e. ip:2202/ubooquity). Now Chunky works. I tried to add the path after the port in Panels but it didn’t fix the problem.

Mine worked after I turned the security accounts off in ubooquity. Definitely a great start guys. Just some bugs to work out like adding the ability use user accounts and I have an issue when I get 2 folders in it only gives me page 1 of my 5 pages in my archive folder. My folder structure is DC Rebirth > Archive > DC Week (date). In here I keep anything in Rebirth released before 2019. If I compare it to the ubooquity web app, the last folder in the list is the same as the last folder on page 1.

1 Like

He conseguido que funcione habilitando el OPDS feed. :+1: En Chunky no era necesario, así que no pensé que lo fuera aquí. Sin embargo me pasa como a @Hulk : no se me muestran todos los resultados. Sólo los de la primera página y algunos de la segunda.
Primeras impresiones: Me encanta la posibilidad de descargar varios comics de una vez y que se previsualicen las portadas. :clap: ¿Sería posible la opción de un buscador? Otra cosa, ¿cómo me desvinculo ahora del servidor para acceder a otro?
Gracias.
Edito: parece ser que sólo se muestran 30 resultados (sin contar carpetas).
Edito de nuevo: en la configuración de Ubooquity puede elegirse el número de items por página y ése será el que muestre Panels en total. Yo lo tenía en 30. Cambiado al máximo (300).

It worked when I enabled OPDS feed. :+1: It was not necessary in Chunky, so I believed it was not here. But, same as @Hulk, it doesn’t show me all results. Just first page and a few of the second.
First impressions: I love the option of importing several comics and covers preview. :clap: Is it possible the option of searching? Another thing, how can I unlink from the server in order to connect to another?
Thanks.
Edit: apparently it only shows 30 results (folders apart).
Edit again: in Ubooquity settigns you can set the number of items per page and that will be the number of items shown in Panels. I had 30. Changed to maximum (300).

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are planning to keep improving Ubooquity support in further releases. We wanted to ship this fast and keep iterating to put it on your hands as soon as possible.

We’ll communicate this better in further versions, but at the moment these are key factors:

• HTTPS is required if you’re not accessing the server from a local network. This is not a Panels requirement but Apple’s. Since iOS 9, App Transport Security is required for all the apps. We have ATS disabled for LAN connections though.
    https://vaemendis.net/ubooquity/article9/ubooquity-1-6-0-ssl-support-https

• OPDS feed is required. We didn’t want to scrap Ubooquity web site, and OPDS is the only API that we could get. This is not explained at all when configuring the server connection. We’ll fix this ASAP.

• We don’t support “security accounts” for the moment, but we’ll add it in the next release.

About your feedback:

Is it possible the option of searching?

This is in our roadmap :+1:

how can I unlink from the server in order to connect to another?

You can unlink the server in settings > Import Files - Manage your accounts > Ubooquity

I have an issue when I get 2 folders in it only gives me page 1 of my 5 pages in my archive folder

Sorry @Hulk I’m not sure I understood this correctly :confused:

apparently it only shows 30 results (folders apart).

We’ll be implementing pagination soon.

Regarding Ubooquity, this is in our roadmap:

• Security Users support
  • Pagination support
  • Support for multiple servers
  • Automatic server resolution in LAN

Please bear with us while we keep adding features and keep improving Ubooquity support. But keep the feedback coming.

Thank, guys. Great roadmap!

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I do can access the server from a external network without SSL. But not when I enable SSL in Ubooquity. :man_shrugging::sweat_smile:

:thinking: That’s interesting… To be honest, everything related to network security is delegated to the OS. Panels uses App Transport Security with the NSAllowsLocalNetworking option enabled https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/nsapptransportsecurity/nsallowslocalnetworking.

According to the documentation, that should block every WAN request not using HTTPS and allow Local networking over HTTP.

I’ll try to reproduce your configuration and investigate more.

Thanks for the help @Usuario616 :raised_hands:

Sí que es raro entonces.
¿Alguien más al que le pase lo mismo en la sala?
Gracias a vosotros por seguir mejorando aún más la aplicación. :raised_hands:

Funny thing, then.
Anyone else in the room who can connect from outside without SSL?
Thank you for keep improving the app. :raised_hands:

This resolved my issue but pagination support will be nice for those of us that are data hoarders.

I’m happy to let you know that we already implemented pagination, not only for Ubooquity but for all the import services, and will be in production very soon.

We are polishing some small bits of the app, mostly UI stuff, and we expect it to be ready for Apple’s review in the next couple of days.

Regarding Ubooquity, we have added:

• Pagination support
  • Private users support
  • Better error handling
  • Better explanation about OPDS requirement and also OPDS specific error when the feed is not enabled.

If everything goes according to plan, you should have 1.10.6 with all these changes (and some others) before the week is over.

Thanks for all the feedback :raised_hands:

Wow, that was quick. :open_mouth: :clap:
Eager to see the changes. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks guys! :raised_hands: Keep up the good work. I’ll send you a few beers for this one. Cheers! This has now become my daily driver for comics just after last update.

1 Like

We just released 1.10.6. It should appear in your AppStore within the next few hours.

Will this update go live on TestFlight as well ?

It won’t. We’re only planning to use Testflight for major releases.

Gracias por la actualización. Pero de todas las novedades, la única que no logro ver es la de paginación de resultados. Sigo viendo el número de resultados que tenga puesto en los ajustes de Ubooquity. ¿Hay que hacer algo extra?
Thanks for the update. But I can’t see pagination in results. I still get the number of results in Ubooquity settings. Is there anything I need to do?

:thinking: that’s weird.

I just configured my server to return only 10 items per page and pagination works as expected.

Vaya. Pues por más que lo pruebo sigo viendo los mismos resultados. Aunque conforme respondo se me ocurre algo: ¿podría ser porque accedo desde una red externa? Como decía más arriba, a mí me deja conectar desde el exterior sin SSL, así que tengo configurada la conexión a Ubooquity siempre con la IP externa (para no tener que ir cambiándola según esté en casa o no). Como estoy fuera de casa hasta el lunes no podré probarlo hasta entonces. Espero que sea eso o, si no, algo raro pasa con mi Ubooquity. :grimacing:

:thinking: sería bastante sorprendente que tenga que ver con eso.
Escríbenos cuando estés de vuelta y lo intentamos averiguar. Una duda. Cuando te conectas desde fuera sin SSL, apuntas a una IP o a un dominio? Un saludo :wave:

No se me ocurría otra cosa. :sweat_smile:

A una IP.
El lunes os cuento más. Gracias.:raised_hands:
Un saludo.