Unable to read table of contents from a .cbz comic file over OPDS

Hello Panels dev team,

I am developing a comic book curation web app, and building an OPDS server, which currently is able to serve a feed, that Panels correctly sees.

My problem is when I add a comic book to “put in the library” inside Panels.
I get errors:

Specifically:
“Unable to open table of contents”

I am serving the acquisition href from an HTTPS domain, Panels is able to see the catalog entry correctly, parse the fields correctly, so what gives?

Can someone please help me figure out the exact problem Panel seems to be having (or is on my end?)

Screenshot of error attached.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the screenshot @Rishi_Ghan, this is very useful :raised_hands:

It looks like there’s a problem opening the actual cbz file. I take the file gets downloaded correctly but it fails to get added to the library.

Please reach us at panels@produktstudio.com, send us one of those files, or create a test account to access your OPDS server. We’ll happily debug the integration and try to reproduce the problem and understand what’s going on.

Thanks! I was able to fix it, turns out that the OPDS acquisition link href had the wrong MIME type. I would love to have you guys review the app at some point and possibly work on some meaningful integration.

2 Likes

Amazing :raised_hands:

I would love to have you guys review the app at some point and possibly work on some meaningful integration.

Absolutely! would love that. Feel free to reach us out on the forum or by email.