Swiping Left on Fill Screen misaligns the next page

Hey, I have a few bugs ive been noticing but this is one i can repeat enough to write down. When in Fill Screen mode in any reading direction, swiping left causes you to move to the right end of that page rather than the left end.

This makes sense in Left to Right mode as it would position you to the start of the previous page, but not in Right to Left mode as it always positions you to the end of every next page which makes reading frustrating.

Happens on my iPhone XS Max with the latest beta in case this is a platform bug.

1 Like

Thank for the feedback @Haukea. We’ll look into this.

Did you ever find this problem? I’m still having it with the latest Panels betas on both my iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd Gen).

We have not. Sorry :sweat:

I’ll bump this issue’s priority so we can look into it ASAP.

Additionally, would you be able to provide a screen recording with the problem. To make sure we understood it and we can reproduce it correctly.

Hehe, thats fine.

So the specific issue happens in the following conditions:

• Fill Screen is the active reader mode
  • The reading direction is Right to Left
  • The pages themselves fill the screen on the height but NOT the width.

Under these conditions, moving to the next page puts you at the “horizontal end” of the page rather than the “horizontal beginning”. The horizontal placement behaviour would be correct if the reading direction would be Left to Right, but it seems like the reader hasnt reversed the horizontal placement when using Right to Left.

As you can see in the video, when swiping to the right the page should start from the left edge of the page, but it starts from the right edge, requiring you to always move the page before you can begin reading.

Wow thanks for the video. This is very useful. We’ll fix that in the next release.

Thanks for being patient :pray: this issue fell through the cracks and should have been fixed earlier.

1 Like

I checked with the latest version (2.8.1) and this bug still exists, though on random occasion a page will become aligned for the next page only, before becoming misaligned again.

The update has a lot of nice features though, s’pretty good :+1:

Does this happen consistently in any of your comics/manga? Could you share it with us?

We tried fixing it in the latest release but we were unable to reproduce it, even if we follow the steps on your video and instructions. Maybe it has something to do with the pages size or something. Maybe having a file that makes the bug appear consistently help us finding it. :pray:

Sorry for posting so late, had a long hiatus from reading comics and I appreciate the response :sweat_smile:

Ive deleted the app and reinstalled it (version 2.12.0, iOS 15.3.1, iPhone XS Max) and much like before I can’t find a place where the bug doesn’t exist. I can stream basically anything from my OPDS server and the bug will appear, and the same if I import something using the Share Sheet.

Here’s a list of things i’ve noticed:

• Just for clarification, this bug only appears when the reader is in Fill Screen Mode when using a Right to Left reading direction.

• This bug doesn’t exist anymore on my 2nd Generation iPad Pro 12.9 I assume because the page is filled to the horizontal space rather than the vertical, so the horizontal position of the next page will always be correct.

• The bug also doesn’t occur when in landscape mode I assume for the same reasons as above.

• Setting Right to Left as the default instead of changing the reading direction manually also seems to have no effect on this bug.

• I don’t think it’s anything specific to the page sizes of my manga as they’re all standard, I can download a PDF of a random washing machine manual and have the problem - Download SAMSUNG Washing machine User Manual | ManualsLib

• When the next page is double-width the horizontal start position will actually be correct which is interesting. Maybe the app isn’t actively getting involved in correcting the position because it thinks a normal-width page should fit on the horizontal width of my device?

1 Like

Hello @Haukea
Thank you very much for all the insights. We have found and fixed the issue. It will be released with the next version v2.12.2

1 Like

This is great to hear, thanks!

1 Like

After todays update, this resizing issue just became very persistent