Sneak Peek of version 1.8

Hello everyone!

We are working very hard to get the next version ready. This version will be our biggest release yet. It will bring a lot of new features.

The biggest feature will be Panels View. We have been working for a few months and we think it is ready to ship.
For the ones that don’t know about Panels View, this is a quick video showing the feature in action:

We are still polishing some details and we would love your feedback. So please, if you haven’t still joined our beta testing program and want to try it before we submit it to the App Store, follow the next link.

Joining the beta and sending us feedback really help us, especially for this big feature, we would like to try in as many comics as possible.

Last, but not least, among other features, Panels 1.8 will also bring new themes! Here is a sneak peak of my 2 favorites:

PS: we have also included a Hacker theme :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Really excited for that panel view.

1 Like

Me too; I love the panel view to read comics

Amazing new feature!
I would love to test, but the link leads me to Version 1.7 in test flight… any advice?

We haven’t uploaded version 1.8 yet. Still polishing things. We are working hard to have it ready by the end of this week.

1 Like

Panels 1.8.0 has just been approved for beta testing.

You should start receiving a notification shortly. If not, it should be downloadable from the Testflight app for iOS.

You’ll find a button to enable PanelsView in the viewer’s menu.

We are really looking forward to knowing what you think about it.

We hope you enjoy it!

I updated through TestFlight and it won’t allow me to restore or read a comic without watching a video first.

Edit: never mind I missed the description

Hi @Greg

It was explained on the release notes.

Even though you might have already purchased it when you download a beta version you need to either purchase it again (don’t worry, you won’t be charged, even if you haven’t payed for the store version) or restore purchases.

Yeah I saw after I posted. Do you plan to make a topic for beta feedback?

Thank you for suggesting it. I have just created it here: Feedback for beta v1.8

I’ll keep an eye on it for a public release date in that case.

It’s in testing. You can joint the testing in test flight. It just updated yesterday so it probably will be some time before they release it publicly

As @Greg said, we do not have at this point an estimated release date. It will take some time, not only we want to keep polishing Panels View, but we are also preparing a few more things to come with it.

If anyone wants to try Panels View “soon”, I’d recommend joining the beta.

1 Like