Previews catalog PDF import problem

I imported the PDF of the monthly Diamond Previews catalog (the ordering catalog for comic book shops) the past couple months, and each time Panels renders it oddly off-center. Any idea why this is happening, and/or if there’s anything I could do to make it render correctly? See the attached screenshot from my iPad - it is the PDF imported into Panels (you can see what I mean by it being off-center). I also have
a screenshot from Apple’s Books app, but it will only let me upload one image since I just created this account - I can provide if needed. Thanks! - BILL

This is the image from Apple’s Books app, which renders the PDF correctly:

I’m experiencing something similar right now with other PDF based comics too.

Oh! that’s interesting.

is there any chance you can privately share one of those files with us? I haven’t experienced this issue before but it might have something to do with the pdf structure.

I’d be happy to send you the PDF - it is a 310 MB file, so let me know the best way to get it to you…

Awesome :raised_hands:

Whatever works best for you. People normally send us an email or a DM in the forum with a dropbox/google drive/wetransfer/… link.

Here is a Dropbox link to the entire file - let me know if you have any trouble accessing it:

Thanks for the file @wjb0415. It was very useful to reproduce the issue.

Before

After

We have a fix for it and will include it in the next update (shortly).
The problem was with our PDF renderer. Some PDFs have additional cropping metadata, and we were mishandling it. You won’t have to re-import the files or anything like that. The next time you open these kinds of files, they should be rendered correctly.

1 Like