New os for Panels

When an android and windows version will be released ?

Even though we’d love that, we’re only a small team of two iOS developers working in our spare time. Panels is a native iOS app, and can’t be ported to another platform as if it were a Unity/Unreal video game. It requires building the whole app from scratch using a different language and technologies.

Android: There’s a small possibility if we find the right developer. When? Who knows :man_shrugging:
Windows: Very unlikely.

Sorry, I can’t give you a better answer.

Just curious, will you make an universal app out of it with an desktop-interface in panels in the future?

We want to enable the M1 Chip Macs compatibility soon. But we don’t have a time frame yet. The app needs some tweaks first. That will allow you to run the Panels iPad con new generation macs. It will be a free release for everyone, and Premium users from iOS will benefit from Premium on Mac (M1) without any charge.

Also, building a real native Mac app is on our roadmap. But we don’t think that a direct Mac translation of Panels iOS really works. We have plans for something much cooler. It’ll take a while though.

Thanks for bearing with us :pray:

We want to enable the M1 Chip Macs compatibility soon. But we don’t have a time frame yet.
Gosh, how stupid my silly question was. Asking about UniversalApp and forgetting that there is still the M1 conversion in the room. But good idea to use the iPad version just with some tweaks for the desktop.

Also, building a real native Mac app is on our roadmap. But we don’t think that a direct Mac translation of Panels iOS really works. We have plans for something much cooler. It’ll take a while though.

Reasonable, for Mac I use at least EdgeView. That is the closest I found as good reader replacement for Webtoons, Mangas and Comics. I think I’ve an feeling of the idea what could be up in your minds, but I will zip my mouth for the moment. :wink: But I cross my fingers for your plans.

2 Likes