New iPad: cloned from old iPad, library not copied!

Hi there, pretty desperate here as I only have 24 hours before giving my old iPad to the new owner.
Got the new iPad Pro M4 and then cloned it automatically with Apple’s procedure.
All the applications have been imported, included data, the only one which did not is Panels.
Old iPad library is 7GB, new iPad 167KB :cold_face:

Now am I missing something…? Both iPads are connected to the same google account but I don’t think that’s the problem…

Someone already asked this : can I export the entire library an reimport it to the new device ? (Library, not single .cbr or strip ).

In any case what to do ? That’s my only copy of all the comics I own…

Tnx
Andy

Assuming that your entire library is physically on your old iPad, then you should technically be able to use AirDrop to transfer the content from your old iPad to your new iPad using the Files app. I’d transfer it a folder at a time if that’s doable.

Hope this is a viable option.

1 Like

As @Peter_Chau suggested, you should be able to transfer your whole library from Files.app.

You can either AirDrop it or transfer it to a USB Drive (that way you also create a backup of your comics) and then from the USB Drive to your new device.

Go to Files > On your iPad > Panels, and move everything inside that folder.

Now am I missing something…? Both iPads are connected to the same google account but I don’t think that’s the problem…

The content is not synced across devices unless you put them in an iCloud Drive folder.

I hope that helps

1 Like