Go to last reading position after closing app with book still open

Hi,

I have two devices with which I use sync reading position and it absolutely rock solid and fast.

However, when you close the app on device 1 while having a book open, read on a different device and then re-open Panels on device 1 directly into the reader (where you left it) there is no way to going to the last read position. You are on the last page on that device and if you close the book that page is synced as the current page.

In the Kindle app for example for this scenario there is a pop up in the reader that says something like „You are on page 35, but last read page is 54, go there now?“

Could this be added to Panels?

Helo @hugenreber
Great suggestion. This is something we could think about doing in a future update. We’ll take it into account. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the response, victor. Any update on this?

I‘m actually surprised there is not more user interest in this. Progress sync between devices is one of the main draws of this app for me and the main use case - switching between devices while reading the same book - doesn‘t work correctly.

This is on our roadmap and we will implement it as soon as we can. But there are a few features in the queue.
We will get there…

1 Like

I just shared in our discord server a video of this feature working. It will be available in Panels 3. Thank you for suggesting it.

I forgot my password and email so this from a new account but just wanted to say thanks for adding this in the last update.

I‘m really glad to have Panels on my Apple devices. Thanks for this great app!

1 Like

Much appreciated :pray:

Hats off to @victor for implementing this :raised_hands: