Freezing after 17.1 upgrade

I found 3.0.8. and installed it.
Thank you for continuing to work on it!
I hate saying this, but 3.0.7 and 3.0.8 crash on my iPad every single time. I sent you today’s crash reports.
I guess I will give it a day and then try 3.0.5 and see if I can improve from there.
Again, many thanks for your work.

1 Like

I’ll check 3.0.8 crash logs to see if I can find whatever is crashing on you.

3.0.7 seems to have solved the issue to all of our other users that reported the same crash. Maybe there’s something else affecting yours.
I’ll keep investigating. We’ll figure this out eventually, no worries.

Sorry for the annoyance and thank you so much for your understanding and support :pray::heart:

Hey @Jim, how much space do you have available on disk?

I’m reviewing all the diagnostics you sent us, and they all crash because the database cannot be created.

Is there any chance your device is quite low in disk space? If so, could you try deleting some large files and try opening Panels again?

I have almost 180GB of free disk space, so I guess it’s not that.

I tried going backwards and installing 3.0.5, and even 3.0.3 before returning to 3.0.8. All crashed every time.

Could it be that one of my comics is corrupt? I guess my next step is to go back and use the Files app to delete my comics, little by little, until either the crash stops or I don’t have any more comics.

Again, many many thanks.

I finally fixed the problem by:

1. Offloading all my comic books and deleting them using Files. (Did not fix the problem.)
  2. Deleting Panels and reinstalling the latest version. (Finally fixed the problem.)
  3. Re-importing all the same comic books.

Not complaining. Just thought you would want to know. I still think Panels is the best. Thank you for all your help!

1 Like