Few issues in iOS

Hi there,

I’m using the app for a few weeks now and I have to say it’s the best out there! I only have a few things to say.

1. I used the free trial period to check the panels mode. That trial has now expired but I can keep that reading mode as long as I don’t change it. I think the app should check for premium at start since I can use a premium feature without being premium.

2. When I finish reading for the day I go back to the main page and then close the app. When I return to it the day after my progress was not properly saved and I’m a few panels back than where I really left it. This is not a big issue, just a bit annoying

3. Sometimes the panels aren’t not cut properly because some text outside the white lines. I understand panels mode is still a work in progress feature, but I would like to suggest that the panel could be cut anyway as long as the white line is more than 75% Like in the image attached

Nothing more to say. The app is amazing and I hope the development continues :muscle:

Hello @Lloople
Thank you very much for your feedback and your kind words.

1. Thank you for letting us know (and for your honesty). As you said the app should check, after the trial ends, that no premium feature is being used.
  2. Right now Panels View does not keep track of “which was the last panel seen”. It always navigates to the first Panel. I agree it is annoying and we will support this soon.
  3. Although I totally agree with you, this one is a bit more tricky. We spent a lot of time in our computer vision algorithm and adding this kind of “non-working edge cases” could potentially break other working ones. We would appreciate if you can send us this page so we can add it to our testing library and see if we can improve this kind of scenarios.

Thank you very much for your reply,

Actually, point no. 2 is not really annoying anymore, it works really good to catch up on the story from a few panels back and, if you already remember what happened, you can always skip those quickly :man_shrugging:

And no. 3 is nothing to worry about, it’s like one or two pages on each comic so it doesn’t really matters, better continue adding new features instead :slightly_smiling_face:

Something I thought recently that would be great is the ability to hide already read comics in a library. Since I have them alphabetically, I found myself scrolling longer day after day to reach the next one :sweat_smile:

Thank you for your amazing work :pray:

This could be a nice feature… I will add it to our roadmap now to discuss it with @dani