[FEATURE REQUEST] Transparent background in panels view

Since this mode is a work in progress and works for some but not all titles, how about including an option for the user that lets him choose the transparency of the black Color used to fill the area around the recognised panel in that mode?
That way you don’t have to change the actual algorithm that scans the page for panels, but still you increase the readability in case panels on a page are wrongly recognised.

I hope this makes sense, do you know what I’m talking about?

Keep up the great work.

Hi @ReverendP

Thanks for your your suggestion. I think it’s a great idea and we are definitely implementing it.
We’ll include it in our roadmap for a future version.

Regards

Happy to help and looking forward to seeing it in the app! :smile:

Hey @ReverendP
The feature is now completed and will be available in the nex version

Great, thanks for letting me know! I’m already curious to check it out. :slight_smile:

The update is out. Let us know what you think when you try it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Victor,
So far it works great, thanks for implementing it. As expected, this increases readability and improves reading the panel in the context of the page.
Somehow though the fade in/out transition effect bothers me now more. Personally, I feel it’s not needed because the reduced opacity of the black background already creates enough context. Any chance for option to turn off transition effects in future versions?

1 Like

Yes I agree. I think the transition was good with opaque background but it is not needed now.
In fact, I removed the transition when opacity is set to 100%, I think it makes sense to only have transitions if opacity is set to 0 (default) and remove them otherwise.