[Feature Request] Reading Playlists

Hi guys—I’m brand new to the community but have been using Panels awhile now. I would love to see two features added that would make Panels feel feature-complete to me. The first is sub-collections, which I know you’ve already addressed that as “not now but maybe one day.” But to my main point: I would love to see reading playlists added as a feature. Reading orders can get complicated when different series cross over and intersect, so reading playlists would be a great way to organize complex reading orders.

Thanks so much. Panels is my favorite comic reader by far, and I’m looking forward to future updates!

Hi @James816

Thanks for the feedback. I think reading playlists is an excellent idea. We take note of it. Sound like something we could implement in the future.

About the nested collections: Yep, but I would rephrase the “not now but maybe one day.” as “not now but definitely in a couple of months” :wink: We are already working on it and hopefully we’ll be able to release this feature in the upcoming months.

3 Likes

Give this a look, I’m pretty sure you’ll like it :wink:

Hey! I came here to say the same thing— Absolutely love the app, been using for a bit. Wondering if there is a good way to organize all my comics I haven’t read yet into one section playlist until I marked them as read. When I am batch uploading comics sometimes issues fall through the cracks. Having every book that is marked “unread” in one automatically organized spot could be cool.

Is a reading queue / playlist still something being considered or worked on? I think this would be a tremendous value both for catching up on cross-series events (looking at you Fall of X), but also just personal “here’s what I want to read next”.

We plan to build “Smart Lists”. When we have that, you should be able to use it as Reading Lists.

Our main focus right now is the Mac app. But after it’s released, we will start working on “Smart Lists” that will probably come with metadata support.