Favorite Links

With the recent addition of external libraries (OPDS), we now have nested folders in Panels. That makes navigating through your collection a bit less convenient.
In the next version of Panels, we are adding “Favorites”. You can create a favorite link in the new content browser and directly access the folder you want.

This will also be quite handy when we release the local library nested collections support (yes, we are still working on it)

Favorites already support Local and remote libraries.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m loving Favorites. I’d love to see the feature expanded even further - ideally, I’ll be using it as my primary way to interact with comics, as it will have new issues show up when I add them to my server without having to manually go to each folder and download them each month, in addition to saving space on my iPad. I have a huuuuge comic library, so it’s a major hassle navigating it.

My biggest wish right now is the ability to reorder them, though - right now it seems based on the order you added them, and I can’t seem to find a way to change that short of removing and readding them, which is not ideal.

Thanks for the feedback @FrozenTrout :raised_hands:
We are glad that you’re enjoying it.

I have good news for you. We were already working on implementing favorites manual sorting.

The next version of Panels will have the same features you’ll find in Files.app. Manuals sorting on Favorites and Libraries, and also a switch to hide the external libraries that you don’t want to show in the list.

Here’s a sneak peek of it:

Awesome, can’t wait!