Double page view issue (page grouping)

iPad, landscape (reading mode: default), Panels 2.11.4, CBZ file (each page an individual jpg, but PDFs seem to be affected too)

I have been able to reproduce this consistently:

• Open a book
  • Bring up the page navigator (tap center of screen)
  • Tap on an odd page - this can be any except 1, so try page 3 (if you’re already looking at the 2-3 page spread this still works)
  • Close the book
  • Open the book - it should now display pages 3-4 (or whatever odd page you tapped is now on the left side)

It’s now not grouping the page correctly. If you swipe back to page 2 and forward to the second-last they are showing as a single page.

Result: 1, 2, 3-4, 5-6…149-150, 151, 152
Intended: 1, 2-3, 3-4…148-149, 150-151, 152

To fix: open the page navigator, tap on page 2 (or any even page), close the magazine, open the magazine.

I have searched the forum and found similar issues posted last year, those were all talking about shifting the device from portrait to landscape:

• Open book, turn to portrait (so it now shows a single page), swipe to page 3, turn device landscape.
  • Result: 1, 2, 3-4, 5-6…
  • Fix: turn to portrait, swipe to page 2, turn to landscape

Similar issues, both related to how the double-page spread is presented. Both examples require the user to specify an even page before the page order is re-calculated correctly (after closing/opening in the first example).

Panels is an excellent app and the page navigator is the feature that made me instantly jump from my previous reader so hopefully this is helpful.