Double page selection feature request

Hi, I’d like to suggest a feature to make double page reading better for certain files.

It seems like panels tries to figure out which sets double pages should be shown together, but it doesn’t seem to work on a lot of files.

Could you put a toggle in view settings so select if odd or even numbered pages should come first?

I’d like to see an option on wether to grouping the pages like (1,2),(3,4) or (1),(2,3),(4,5)

I’d appreciate a feedback and a confirmation on the addition of this feature. Thanks

1 Like

Ok I just figured out you can turn the device to portrait orientation and select which page should be on the left. This is an awesome feature but a pretty secretive one!

I agree we could do a better job explaining that behaviour, it’s a difficult one to discover. I’ll take anote about that, thanks for the feedback.

I’d like to second the request for having this option in the view settings. I’m glad to having the option to adjust it with the portrait mode trick, but it’s somewhat awkward to do and I find that it some time changes what’s on the left without going into portrait mode. The portrait mode fix is also a bit unintuitive when reading right to left, since it means that the page you view in portrait mode becomes the second page in a two page spread, rather than the first.

Thank you so much for all your hard work, I’m really hopeful that I’ll be able to switch to panels for reading my manga collection, the old app I was using made importing pretty clunky, and panels feels much smoother and more modern.