Yesterday we released a new 2.6.1 Testflight.
This version is focused on improving two main areas: Zoom Lock + Privacy
- We’ve tweaked it a bit to allow arbitrary locking positions. Simply zoom on the section of the page you want, and lock the zoom. It will maintain that position instead of moving to the center.
- We’ve added new visual feedback to let you know when the zoom lock is enabled.
- Zoom lock is now saved locally. If you set a zoom lock when reading a comic, the next time you open that file, the zoom lock will remain.
- You can now choose from 3 different blur styles when you lock your content. Soft, Regular, and Hard. “Hard” makes it almost opaque and barely distinguishable.
- Obfuscated titles. Locked content titles are now replaced with a set of dots (·) to keep them private.
- Contextual menus no longer show all the actions when the content is locked. Preventing others from seeing or manipulating your private content.
- App Lock. If you want, you can now require biometric auth (Touch/Face ID) to unlock the app.
Vertical Scroll Reader:
- You can now zoom out and have a narrower scroll view. Especially useful when reading webtoons.
- This feature is also compatible with Zoom Lock.
- We’ve also fixed a bug in the vertical scroll reader that caused it to jump to the wrong page after rotating the device.
- Other crash fixes on the Downloads screen and DoublePage Reader
This version will be the last one supporting iOS 12. Since all of the devices that support iOS 13 also support iOS 14, the next version of Panels will be iOS 14+.
If you’d like to join Testflight, you can do that by following this link: Join the Panels - Comic Reader beta - TestFlight - Apple